Writing, Editing, Compiling, Drawing, Painting, Designing, Illustrating, Facilitating, Photographing and of course lots and lots of thinking.
Taking a New Year’s Eve look back at 2023, a productive year. Among the most memorable are the following:
- Collating, editing and designing the anthology “Poetry in the Park” including illustration for the cover
- Leading a series of workshops for “Poetry by the Canal”
- collating, editing and designing the anthology “Poetry by the Canal”
- Cover illustration and design for “As You Were” an anthology from Falinge Park Writing Group
- Delivering 15 creative writing sessions, based around my story “My Wild Wolf Adventure” for children aged 5 to 11
- Delivering a range of new creative writing workshops to local Creative Writing Groups
- Selling art alongside my wife selling vintage at Hand and Treasure in Hebden Bridge Town Hall
- working with young people to create new poetry at Deeplish Primary Academy
- Creating graphics for use in an excellent short film by Harry Wheeler
- Reviewing a range of events and performances for All Across the Arts
- Writing and sometimes plenty of new poems
- Working on a brand new personal project, a narrative book length piece regarding liminal spaces with poetry and illustrations – this may take some time….
- Creating new artworks including, and sometimes combining, traditional and digital techniques
- Supporting the creativity of young people with our recently registered charity Vibe Rochdale